Sunday, March 1, 2009


Jolene, Helen, Debbie, Sharon, Beth, Ann - 2009

Beth, Sharon, Ann, Helen, Jill, (2008)


I had such a great week last week. It started Monday when I got to visit with my BYU "room mates" Jolene and I drove to Utah from Boise and Mountain Home, Sharon flew to Utah to see her first grand baby from Brazil where she is living. Ann flew to Utah from North Carolina to help her daughter find a wedding dress. Beth, Jill, Helen, Sharon, Ann, Jolene and I got together for breakfast Saturday and Monday and celebrated Beth and Helen's 50th birthday. Every time we get together is a celebration. I can't express enough my thankfulness for each of these great ladies as a friend. They are in many ways my moral compass . I really try to follow their example. It makes me very very happy to talk things through with them, to hear their advice, sympathy and laughter. We seem to fill our gatherings with lots of laughter! When Helen and I attended BYU we both found algebra a bit challenging. Monday morning we dropped by Helen's JR high classroom and caught her teaching algebra. Wow, now I am sure we can all do anything we set our minds too even at our age. Helen was awesome!

Tuesday Becca and Aiden drove to Mountain Home to color Jana and my hair. I got to spend the day with Aiden. He loves the book The House on East 88th Street by Waber about Lyle the Crocodile now. He is so great playing sports on wii. Tuesday night we attended the cub scout blue and gold banquet where Terry had his first bagpipe performance. He did great and I have to admit he looked OK in a kilt. Chris acted upset by the kilt idea and Becca thought it was too short. Aiden saw the bag pipes and put his hands over his ears!

Friday Lauren was a beautiful bride. I wish she and Tanner well.

Saturday night I was amazed by the great JR high production of Music Man. They did a great job and I'm sure if a talent scout would have been there Joey Vogl would be made a star. He was great.

Today I taught the Gospel Doctrine in Sunday school class. It went fine. I got to teach and discuss one of my favorite scriptures
Doctrine and Covenants 21: 5 & 6 5 For his word ye shall receive, as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith.
6 For by doing these things the
gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name's glory.

I LOVE the idea of the heavens shaking for my good. What a GREAT promise. I imagine them up in heaven working so hard for my good that the heavens shake. I'm not sure that is exactly how it works but... I love the imagery and I know we are blessed when we follow the prophet.

No comments: