Saturday, April 4, 2009


Spring break 2009 - Short Summery

Day 1- We drove to Ogden so we could get the cheaper Salt Lake to San Diego flight.

Day 2 - Salt Lake to San Diego where we wandered around "Old Town" We hiked up to a Mormon Battalion monument on a hill where we enjoyed a view of the city and ocean.

Day 3 - We boarded the Carnival Cruise Ship Elation. We enjoyed the food, the shows and some friends that Chris met from Black Foot, Idaho area. Chris ended up sick with a fever.

Day 4 - We couldn't stop at Catalina because the water was too choppy with too much wind. It was too cold to enjoy the outside ship activities so we ate, exercised, ate, watched movies, ate, attended musical reviews, ate and explored the ship.

Day 5- The weather calmed down so we went into Catalina. My mom and dad took the garden tour and went on the semi sub ride. Chris, Terry and I rented bikes and rode up a hill near the Wrigley mansion where we enjoyed the great view. After lunch, (a very small snack since we weren't on the ship) we took a diving ship around the island a bit where we looked for sea life to see snorkeling. The water was very cold even with wet suits on so we only stayed in a water for only about a half hour. We saw some fish and a cool shark egg that spiraled around like a cork screw. Back on the ship, we sat in the hot tub for awhile to warm up, attended a show and went to the formal dining room. At the dining room, I got some kind of cramp in my leg behind my knee. OUCH! It didn't help to point my toe so I tried to stand up which didn't help either but did cause me to pass out. Next thing I knew, there was a wheel chair and a nurse and Terry telling me I needed to go get checked out. I felt quite puzzled that they had time to get a wheel chair and nurse to my table just because I had a cramp in my leg. I had no idea I had lost conciseness for almost 9 minutes. I kept saying "that was weird." I guess I scared everyone quite a bit. I felt sure they would find I had diabetes and all the food we ate put me into a seizure but my blood glucose, blood pressure, and pulse were all fine. Terry and the Dr. decided I had experienced dehydration. WEIRD and EMBARRASSING!

Day 6- We took a bus tour to see La Boufadora (an ocean blow hole) in Ensenada, Mexico. I found the countryside very interesting. We passed by slums, nice houses, American shopping and restaurants, farms and an Army base just on a half hour trip. The tourist shops tried very hard to get our business and I did buy some silver jewelry and a doll and Chris bought some wrestling masks. We spent the afternoon at a Mexican heritage fiesta on a ranch. We ate, saw a mariachi band, traditional dancers, a lasso trick dancer and a pinata. The excellent lasso dancer twirled, jumped and amazed us even before we found out he was 72 years old. WOW he was great.

Day 7 - We left the ship and stayed on the beach at Oceanside. Beautiful and nice.

Day 8 - Fun San Diego zoo and body works museum. Wonderful warm weather.

Day 9 - Home to Salt Lake and SNOW!!!! Boo Hoo

No comments: