Monday, November 17, 2008

My dad's sister Barbra with her husband Dick, my dad Ken,
my mom Marlene, my dad's brother Max and his wife Coleen



My dad's brother Max passed away this morning. I will miss his example of integrity and caring. I loved to watch the relationship he had with his wife Colleen. He seemed to care for her and her needs with great compassion. He was a cowboy. He built a surrey and a sleigh that his horses would pull. I loved to go to his house especially at Thanksgiving when he would hitch up the horses and let them pull us around the neighborhood. Before he retired he served his community as a policeman and became Provo Chief of police. I aways felt proud of him. To me he always stood for the right. After he retired he built things with wood. I have a violin on a stand he made and attached "The Touch of the Master's Hand" poem and some wooden toys. I'm glad I have them because I will think of him. I feel sad but thankful for knowing him .

No comments: