Sunday, August 23, 2009



Happy 4th of July. Ours was pretty good. We worked all day to get the yard and house just right so we could have people over. There still isn't a lot of shade so we put umbrellas up and a shade tent up and it was still so HOT but I think everyone had a good time. Jacob had to work so they didn't come and Chris missed the first couple of hours because of work too. I got a picture of the 3 pregnant ladies trying to stay cool in the shade (Rachel, Jeff's wife Danielle and Nicole Bundy Wiser) Natalie and her husband were sealed in the temple a few weeks ago. She bore her testimony today for maybe the first time ever in her life and it really touched me. she was sometimes far from the gospel during high school and it is so cool to see how the Gospel is helping her and to hear her testimony. Church was good today. I had to give the lesson in Relief Society again. Usually it is pretty easy for me because I can just follow the outline or choose a conference talk but this time I couldn't find a conference talk to go along with what I wanted the lesson to be about. Saturday night I stayed up until after 1 in the morning trying to find something to use for the lesson. ON the first Sunday of each month the Relief Society presidency chooses the topic and I felt like I wanted to talk about Luke 12: 48

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required

I have been thinking about that a lot since we got home from Mexico. We have been so BLESSED! But I couldn't find scriptures and quotes to go along with my thoughts at all. I printed a bunch of stuff up to take with me but they sure didn't come together before I went to bed because I couldn't stay up any later. So I prayed and I told Dad and Chris to pray for my lesson during our family prayers and every prayer at church blessed the lesson givers with the Spirit so Terry told me I would be OK because there were many prayers for me. It might have been one of my best lessons ever. It really went well. I really know that the best way to teach is with His help and with His Spirit because that is really the only way you can teach the Gospel. Sometimes when the subject is easy I forget to pray very hard because it seems easy and I am not scared or I should say nervous so I don't pray so hard. Sometimes I think it is good for us to feel a bit nervous or to have things not come so easily because then we remember to rely on the Lord. I hope next time it seems like an easy lesson to me I will remember I need to pray just as hard because of course we always need His help!!!

1 comment:

Xoxo Grandma said...

Very touching comments about your lesson. Thanks for sharing. You are the best cousin!