Sunday, August 23, 2009





Mom told me to take out the rolls before church but I forgot. We were lucky to come home to a house not a fire. My rolls felt a bit crisp!!!1
We had a crazy week. I had to drive to Boise to get Chris the orthotic that he needs to wear in his shoes to help his crunched bones but it wasn't right so now he will have missed two weeks of soccer. They had 50 kids come out for practice and so I hope he gets to be on the team. I got his schedule for him and it might be a bit had. He has trig and calculus, ap history, English and chemistry. I wonder if he should drop something. Chemistry is the only one he has a choice about. He likes Mr Dickenson who teaches ap history so he is wanting to keep that and then he can take government from Bundy next year.

So after I got home from Boise we got Chris all ready to go to Heleman's camp where it sounds like he had a great time. He ended up spending a lot of time helping Eric a handicapped boy in our stake. When they were tubing down the river Chris told him to hold on so he wouldn't fall out but Eric told him he didn't care if he fell out because he had taken swimming lessons from Kyle Hall. Chris told him I know you took them from my brother Kyle. Eric got quite excited that Chris was Kyle's brother. Chris is also teaching an autistic kid in his City Rec lessons so he is getting quite a lot of experience helping with special needs. Good for him.


After I dropped Chris off and registered him for school I finally had time to get myself packed for our little trip. Becca, Rachel and Aiden joined us and we headed to Midway, Utah. Littlefield's met us there. When we walked into the motel Aiden almost cheered, his face lit up and he turned to Becca and said "Littlefields are here" Grandpa and I went walking Friday morning and a 4 point and 1 point buck came running at us about 20 feet away. It almost frightened me. We are seeing lots of deer this summer it seems. Then we walked across the street where we found some hot mineral pool with calcium deposits that built up into about a 3 story hill. They take people scuba driving in the pool and it goes down 65 feet. Crazu. All the times I have been there and I had no idea that was there. We did some hiking and shopping and we had a nice time. Terry enjoyed the LDS Dental conference at BYU during the day. I met him for the banquet.

Sunday, all the Littlefields got together for dinner to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. Mom made a chocolate cake for Grandpa and a pineapple coconut cake for me so I think it will be a birthday party for me too. Grandpa's actual birthday is August 17.

No comments: