Thursday, August 27, 2009





"Happy Happy Birthday Debbie Dear"
"One year older and wiser too..."

I turned 50 on August 21! I felt a little weird about it for about a week before. Fifty sounds so OLD! I don't feel that old. Being 50 just doesn't make sense to me at all. Thanks to my great family and friends I had a very nice birthday. Terry and I rode bikes along the Boise Green Belt, went to "On the Border Mexican restaurant for lunch with Becca and family and saw a dinner play in Glenns Ferry with a group of friends that night. When I came home from Biking I found a new fridge for my garage waiting for me that Rachel covered with "Happy Birthday" wrapping paper and filled with my favorite sugar cookies cut into hearts and letters to spell "Happy Birthday Mom" I quite enjoyed that nice surprise. The dinner theater is a small town
production of a silly play called Wake Him for His Funeral. The ironic and very funny thing was that the entire play portrayed a guy having trouble facing the fact that he was turning 50. He would be "so old" and "so near death" that he felt depressed. His wife then, In I Love Lucy like silly plotting, decides to throw him a funeral so he can attend thinking that seeing lots of people sad and hearing nice funeral things said about him he will know how much he is loved... It was pretty funny but we really laughed and laughed every time they moaned and carried on about the woes of turning 50. The cast also sang Happy Birthday to me. Quite a fun coincidence

1 comment:

Xoxo Grandma said...

Happy late Birthday! 50 sounds young to me. The play sounds perfect.